As the world starts to re-open its doors, it’s not surprising that people are eager to step out and explore after months of being stuck at home. Summertime is usually a season that is associated with vacations, fun times spent with family and friends, and enjoying the beautiful sunshine. If you’re concerned about traveling in New Orleans during these times of COVID-19, the Blake Hotel understands. In response to the current situation, we have implemented a series of new protocols in order to ensure the very best safety standards for all of our guests and employees.
We have carefully studied the guidelines set forth by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) to develop a system that incorporates extensive and full cleaning procedures of the entire property, as well as stringent social distancing practices. We are carefully monitoring these guidelines, as well as the most recent measures put in place by local and state officials so that we can adapt and adjust as necessary to maintain the ultimate health and safety standards.
Here are the social distancing efforts that you will notice during your stay:
- Floor markers have been placed throughout the hotel to remind guests and employees to maintain at least a 6-foot distance from others.
- We have installed plexiglass barriers at our front desk.
- We have also streamlined our check-in and check-out process to minimize contact between our guests and employees.
We also understand how important proper sanitation practices are, which is why we have always strived for the highest-quality cleaning operations in our property. In addition to our usual rigorous disinfecting routines, we have implemented additional strategies to further heighten our strong commitment to your health. Here are the extra measures we are taking at the Blake Hotel to ensure the best practices in cleaning and disinfecting of all areas:
- We have placed sanitation stations in the lobby, and hand wipes and sanitizers are available for use in all public areas of the hotel.
- We have removed all extraneous items such as luggage carts, brochures, magazines, and water stations, as well as non-essential items in hotel guestrooms such as bed scarves, notepads, pens, and decorative pillows.
- We have temporarily suspended our complimentary breakfast. However, meals at our restaurant will be available in accordance with local and state guidelines.
- Regular disinfecting of high touch-points such as light switches, faucets, remotes, and doorknobs, will take place in all guest rooms and throughout the hotel at regular intervals.
- In occupied rooms, daily housekeeping services will be limited to trash removal and linen replacement to reduce the amount of contact between employees and guests.
- All employees will use personal protective equipment (PPE), and they will be required to follow strict hand-washing protocols.
- Employees will thoroughly clean all work stations after every shift.
- Employees that are showing symptoms of illness or are feeling unwell will remain home, with the full encouragement and understanding of the hotel.
We recognize that stepping out into the world during this time of adjustment is very different from what you are normally accustomed to, but rest assured that the Blake Hotel is doing everything in its power to make your stay as worry and stress-free as possible. You can spend your time in New Orleans enjoying the sights and sounds, just as it should be when you’re on vacation, knowing that your health and safety are our top priorities.
And enjoying NOLA is easy to do when you stay at the Blake. The hotel’s prime location is the perfect way to explore the city on foot since it puts you within walking distance to some of the most popular attractions that the Big Easy has to offer. You can soak in the rich historic and cultural vibe of the beautiful French Quarter or enjoy spectacular views of the mighty Mississippi as you stroll along the New Orleans Riverwalk, currently offering curbside pick-up options for your shopping convenience. You’re also just a hop, skip, and a jump from one-of-a-kind Bourbon Street, as well as a host of other shops and restaurants throughout the downtown area that have started to open their doors and set up convenient patio seating for outdoor dining.
It’s a great time to visit New Orleans! To learn more about how the city is handling COVID-19 preparedness and to find updated information regarding restrictions, check out this website. We know that you have many options of where to book your stay when it comes to visiting the Big Easy, and we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you through our doors!